Monday, September 12, 2011

Guess who's back? (back again)

Sorry I was away for a week there. Monday was a holiday, then I was sick, so blogging fell away for a moment. Never fear though! I have returned! (And on music monday no less)

This week's music monday post is dedicated to covers because, well, who doesn't love a good cover, and also because there was a time (many moons ago) when covers were kind of my thing. and i had a show on mercer radio. and i was the cover girl. jealous?

Anyway, let's get to the good stuff!

5 - Hanson covering Weezer's Troublemaker
Rivers Cuomo himself tweeted a shoutout to the lovely Hanson boys about this one the other day.


4 - Hugo covering Jay-Z's 99 problems
I just love this song, so any version is good in my book.


3 - Adele covering The Cure's Lovesong
So, I've probably had enough adele on here for awhile, but here's a nice one to go out on. Plus, it's live because she's that good.


2 - Mr. Little Jeans covering Arcade Fire's The Suburbs
I've only heard this one a couple of times on Sirius XMU, but I like its groove.


1 - The Wallflowers cover David Bowie's Heroes
Stop acting like you don't dig this.



Bonus (because I took a week off)

No comments:

Post a Comment