Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday - MY FAVORITE!!

I'm sure you've all been sitting around hoping that I would blog about who my favorite singer/band is so that you can fall in love.  I know you wait for my music updates because you want to be just like me.

Wait, no, that's not right?  Oh well, after today it will be.

Hopefully you're already in on the magic that is Corinne Bailey Rae, but if not, here's an intro course.

**Warning** Youtube is being weird, so you might have to watch the videos on youtube.  sorry.**

5 - Put Your Records On
So, this is the song that everyone knows, and that so many people butcher on American Idol.  It's great, and don't judge her by others performances...


 4 - Like  a Star
Her second most popular song, and the only other song that most people know.




3 - I'd Do it All Again
This is the first song I'm posting off of her newest album, written after her husband/band member died.  You can tell the mood is different than a lot of the stuff she did before, but even better in many ways.




2 - The Blackest Lily
Here's a live version of one of her more upbeat songs off of the recent album.  It's not an upbeat album, but I wanted to get this one in here, so you'd know it wasn't the saddest album of all time.




1 - Closer
a sexy song.  i should warn you.




So, yeah, you should be all about this now.

Cheers to good music!

No comments:

Post a Comment