Monday, July 11, 2011

Music Monday - #2

Well, it is a Monday again--a real Monday. Last Monday was a holiday, so it didn't really count. I spent a great amount of today back to the schoolwork grind, and music was the only vacation I had.

Here's a short list of this week's big hits:

5 - The Civil Wars - I've Got This Friend
This song snuck up on me; the first time I heard it, I wasn't that impressed. After that first time though, it kept getting stuck in my head, and now it is my go-to relaxation jam.
There's no official music video, but enjoy the song while looking at their picture.


4 - Montell Jordan - This is How We Do It
So, I went to 9ds bar this weekend after a wedding. The biggest hit played at both locations was this throwback to my middle school days.



3 - Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Goodbye Kiss
It should be noted that I didn't like the first Grace Potter song I heard. After I heard this one, though, I was sold on her talents.



2 - The Black Keys - Howlin for You
I choose this one because 1) it always puts me in a good mood, and 2) last week's big music midtown announcement made me think of how much I would enjoy seeing them live.



1 - Sarah Jarosz - Annabelle Lee
Well, I love Poe, and I've got a sweetspot in my heart for bluegrass, and this jam merges those together. Again, no video, but enjoy the album art.



I'm not sure what you plan to do with the rest of your evening, but I'll be enjoying a lovely glass of chardonnay, finishing the home run derby, and listening to some music as I go to bed. Hope your night will be equally magical.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment