Friday, July 8, 2011

Wonderful Weddings!









Summer is wedding season, and, as I just returned from another wedding weekend, I had that magical celebration of love on my mind. Wedding planning is fun, and after you've done it, you have a bit of withdrawals. Here're some good wedding things:


3 - color combinations

Not only are people using a lot more colors in their weddings, but i think we've come a long way since the days of orange and peach dominating the bridesmaid market. I love these color combos:



























2 - Dresses

With bridesmaids' and wedding dresses, there are a lot more options with style, length, and formality, and the dress industry now has something to appeal to everyone. Here're some of my faves:
jcrew.com modcloth.combhldn.com





nordstrom.com





This last one came off of pinterest.com, and I'm not sure where it originated. I couldn't resist posting though because it is too beautiful.







1 - Music!

Brides and grooms are having a lot more fun and personality in their music choices these days. Here's a great list of music ideas from brouhahaatl.blogspot.com What are your ideas?


First Dance w/spouse

_________________


I will - The Beatles

Fools Rush In - Elvis

La Vie en Rose - Louis Armstrong

You Send Me - Sam Cooke

Crazy Love - Van Morrison

You Look Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

Cheek to Cheek - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

In My Life - The Beatles

'Til There Was You - The Beatles

Can't Get Enough of Your Love - The Beatles

Save the Last Dance for Me - The Drifters

When You Say Nothing at All - Allison Krauss

Dont Know Much about History - Sam Cooke

Whenever I See Your Smiling Face - James Taylor

At Last - Etta James

You Belong To Me - Dean Martin

Someone Like You - Van Morrison

You're Just to Good to be True - Frankie Valli

When I'm 64 - The Beatles

Our Love is Here to Stay - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

Bewitched - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

Just One Look - Doris Troy

Better Together - Jack Johnson


Here's a few that didn't make her list, but are great additions:


You're My Best Friend - Queen

I Feel Good - James Brown

Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

It Had to Be You - Harry Connick, Jr.

I Just Haven't Met Her Yet - Michael Buble

You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne


There are so many other great options! What are your ideas?


So, to wedding season, brides, and grooms, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment